Building a network of friends is a like a patchwork quilt of personalities and experiences. Some friends have known each other since childhood. Others are new to each others lives and events like parties, Sawtooth Relays, or a weekend in Vegas make those new friends seem like old ones. In the good times it is easy to want to be around each other, easy to participate in social functions. It is not so easy to think about what would happen in a tragedy.
Here is where the humbled part comes in. I knew I was lucky to have this network of people as my friends, but I am overwhelmed with just how lucky I am. Observing the way my friends have mobilized to support Logan’s family in every way they need is humbling. Dinner schedules, flowers, food, trips to the park, long visits, short visits. Whatever it takes to hopefully help with some of the pain. The greatest part is that this amazing outpouring of support seems effortless because it is all based out of love. We all really want to be there and do something for our grieving friends.
I am sure that somewhere in the future we will all laugh and party together again, but it is amazing to know that I have found a group of friends that will carry each other through the tough times too.
So be at peace sweet Logan, we are going to do our best to carry your family.
With love,
Your friend, Sarah
I am lucky to have a friend like Molly
1 comment:
nicely put. xoxo
Post a Comment