Project 1: Wall art for the nursery.
I wanted something for the walls that would match the rug in the baby room. Finding nothing that really matched, I decided to paint my own. Here is a picture of the rug.
The finished products. I am pretty happy with them! The nursery is really starting to come along.
Project 2: Dessert for a dinner with friends.
In truth, I have baked this cake before so I already knew what I was getting into. However, I LOVE this cake so it never hurts to brag about it again. :-) This is the Barefoot Contessa 'Flag Cake' and it is delish, festive and so fun for any American holiday! Don't be surprised if I show up with another one at 4th of July.
Someone should remember what I am about to write and read it back to me in the future when I am complaining about laundry but I LOVED sorting through some of baby Scheffel's clothes and I loved washing them even more!
We have some amazingly generous friends (and one sister-in-law) that have given us new and hand-me-down baby clothes! Here are the 0-6 month light colors! I think this boy is going to be sporting a different outfit everyday. :-)
So there it is, I have come down with the nesting bug. Not a bad way to spend a drizzly Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment