Thursday, April 7, 2011

Seattle - Day 2!

I know, I know, it took me a week to get to blogging about our second day in Seattle. Why are the weeks flying by right when I finally want them to slow down so I can savor being a preggo? Oh well, come the end of June I am probably going to be whining that I want time to speed up so I can have this baby and see my feet again.

But I digress, on to day 2 in Seattle. 
We started the morning by walking to Top Pot Doughnuts. Apparently President Obama had a doughnut at this place the last time he visited Seattle. I can't say that I blame him - mmmmm doughnuts.
Who can settle for just one breakfast? After Top Pot we walked to our favorite breakfast spot in Seattle, Pesos. I would have shown you a picture of my lovely eggs benedict but I ate too fast. Don't judge, I'm pregnant. :-)
 After enjoying two breakfasts we walked from Queen Anne along the water back toward downtown Seattle. I tried racing this group of 'running' statues along the way. My running is not quite what is used to be.
 Here I am exhausted and the statue runners are still going strong.
 Ahh, my aching pregnant back.
 Obviously I thought I was being hilarious and Scot dutifully patronized me by snapping pictures. I have no doubt he is wondering what happened to his wife and who is the cheesy posed-picture loving woman that has taken her place.

We made it back to the hotel after our epic morning walk and then met up with Scot's brother, Pete, and his girlfriend, Jodi for lunch and more walking around and shopping in downtown Seattle. The camera didn't make it out for this portion of the day, it just didn't go with my outfit. :-)

No comments: